The Central library is having a digital library with twelve computers connected to Internet and students can browse online journals. The library is further strengthened by subscribing to e-journals from IEEE. Around 240 journals are accessible online. The library is having a membership to DELNET (NEW DELHI) through which Inter library loan facility is provided.
All the students, teachers and members of the Governing body of the college are IPSO FACTO members of the Library. Other employees of the college, who obtain special permission of the Principal, are eligible to become members. The Principal, at his discretion, may permit any person to make use of the facilities of the library for short periods. The privilege of borrowing books from the library is restricted to the members only. Members shall be allowed to borrow books and periodicals (back numbers) as follow:
|Category||No. Of Books||Period|
|Governing Body Members||10||1 Year|
|UG Students||2||14 Days|
|PG Students||3||14 Days|
Borrower tickets shall be issued to the eligible persons by the librarian. These tickets are not transferable and shall be cancelled if misused. All the members are required to furnish two passport size photographs when they apply for the tickets. Loss of any ticket(s) should be reported immediately to the Librarian who may arrange for the issue of duplicate tickets after obtaining a written undertaking from the borrower to the effect that he will be responsible for the books that are found to have been issued on the lost tickets. The cost of each duplicate ticket shall be Rs.20/- Original Ticket(s) if found after the issue of duplicate ticket(s) should not be used. They should be returned to the Librarian. No-dues certificates shall not be issued to members other than the members of the governing body until they return all the books they borrowed and the library tickets.
The Books in the central library are classified according to the Dewey Decimal Classification system.
Digital library consisting of twelve computers with internet facility was provided in the first floor.
Photocopying facility was provided near the entrance of the library.
Photo copy facility is available on payment basis for all the members during the library hours.
Laser printing facility is available on payment basis for all the members in the digital library.
Central Library is opened on all the working days between 8A.M to 6P.M
PROCEDURE FOR BORROWING BOOKS AND PERIODICALS:
Every member of the library will be provided with a borrowers book which contains the name, status etc. of the member. Before a book or periodical is borrowed, the borrower has to fill in the necessary particulars in the borrowers book and hand over the same along with the book and the borrowers ticket to the issue assistant at the counter. The borrower can keep the book with him/her till the date marked on the date slip of the book. At the end of the period or earlier the book shall be returned to the library. Borrowers failing to return the books within the prescribed period shall pay a fine of Re.1/- (Rupee one only) per book per day. While collecting fines, intervening holidays will not be taken into account. Procedure for borrowing periodicals (back numbers) is the same as that for borrowing books. Borrowers tickets are to be used for borrowing books related to subjects of study or research of the member. Loss of any book borrowed from the library should be reported to the librarian in writing. Such loss invites maximum fine as fixed by the librarian along with replacement costs. Exemption from maximum fine recommended by the librarian may be allowed by the principal. Students are not permitted to borrow books by proxy.
INSTRUCTIONS AND RULES OF DISCIPLINE:
- When a book is being borrowed from the library, it should be examined carefully and the attention of the issue assistant called to any defects therein. The last borrower shall be held responsible for any defects noticed later.
- Every member borrowing a book from the library shall be responsible for its safe custody until it is returned. Any loss or damage of the book must be immediately reported to the librarian.
- When a book is returned at the return counter the borrower should see to it that the return entries are duly made in his borrowers book and should take back his ticket. If a borrowers ticket is in the library, the borrower shall be held responsible for the borrowed using the ticket.
- Books must on no account be misplaced on the shelves.
- Members shall not bring any personal belongings and library books issued to them inside the library.
- No member shall be allowed to take any printed material into the library without the permission of the librarian.
- Strict silence shall be observed in and around the library.
- Books and periodicals of the library should not be marked, mutilated or written upon.
- Members shall not be engaging themselves in conversation in any part of the library causing inconvenience to other members.
- Any member found guilty of tampering with the books shall lose his/her membership.
- Any member found misbehaving; abusing the library staff or behaving in an unruly manner shall forfeit his/her membership.
- Notwithstanding the above disciplinary rules, all the members shall abide by the rules that may be framed by the principal of the college from time to time.
For any queries please contact:
Library Committee Convener:
R. Simon, M.L.I. Sc.,
G. Durga Prasad, B. L.I.Sc.,
M. Veeresh, B. LI.Sc.,