The Academic Council shall primarily be concerned with all the academic affairs of the college, encompassing academic staff, academic planning, instructional issues, students, co-curricular activities, residence halls and discipline and so on. It is the responsibility of Academic Council to endeavour and ensure the best practices are implemented and standards are maintained.
The Academic Council shall exercise the following functions:
- Scrutinise and approve the proposals with or without modification of the Boards of Studies with regard to courses of study, academic regulations, curricula, syllabi and modifications thereof, instructional and evaluation arrangements, methods, procedures relevant thereto etc., provided that the Academic Council differs on any proposal, it will have the right to return the matter for reconsideration to the Board of Studies concerned or reject it, after giving reasons to do so.
- Frame the regulations regarding the admission of students to different programmes of study in the college.
- Make regulations for sports, extra-curricular activities, and proper maintenance and functioning of the playgrounds.
- Recommend to the proposals of Governing Body for starting new programmes of study in the institute.
- Recommend to the Governing Body of the institute for the establishment of scholarships, fellowships, prizes and medals, and to frame regulations for the award of the same.
- Advise the Governing Body on suggestions(s) pertaining to academic affairs made by it.
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned by the Governing Body.