PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’s):
- Acquire the fundamentals and core competence in basic sciences and civil engineering to identify, analyze and solve civil engineering problems
- To grow professionally with self confidence adapting to changing circumstances and needs of the society
- To work in teams with high professionalism and ethical standards on major infrastructural projects with high degree of leadership and communication skills.
- To imbibe passion for life-long learning to meet the technical challenges
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO’s):
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design / development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural , societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess Societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communications: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’s):
- Competent in the fundamentals of engineering science, analytical and quantitative reasoning and design in the context of civil engineering
- Apply knowledge in technical areas appropriate to Civil Engineering, Conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data
- Proficient to apply these skills in developing safe, sustainable, economical solutions to civil engineering problems either within the profession or through post-graduate research
- Grow professionally in their careers through continued development of technical and management skills, achievement of professional licensure, and assumption of roles of responsibility in professional service